Monday, December 7, 2015

Advent Day 7- They cleared the Way

2015 Rock slide I-35 Davis, Oklahoma
When this rock slide happened it blocked both sides of the interstate going North and South into Oklahoma. You could travel around by state roads but it added hours to your trip. The average traveler had no idea of what to do. No amount of people digging or big machines could fix it. If done wrong the rest of the hillside would come down. It took almost two months but engineers and demolition teams planned a strategy so they could clear it without making it worse.

Our journey also has its "landslides". We round a corner and there it is -an unexpected roadblock. Hugh and overwhelming! We stop and stare knowing its beyond what we can handle.

Its easy to forget that this Road is centuries old. Many have gone before us and many will come after. Those who have gone before have shown us how to clear the path and walk through rough terrain. They teach us how with the understanding that we will help those who walk behind us.

This Advent season I am thankful for all the Pastors, mentors, friends and loved ones who helped me on the Ancient road. May I be faithful to those who follow after me.

I am sending my messenger ahead of you, who will prepare your way- Mark 1:2









 










No comments:

Post a Comment